GSTR-2 has already been removed by the government earlier this year and now the Government has again come up with more surprises regarding GST filing online and managing it through Online GST Accounting Software.
It is official news from the Government of India that from October 2019, all the 3 GSTR reports(GSTR-1, GSTR-2 & GSTR-3B) will no longer be valid to file your GST related reports on the Government portal.
They have now introduced a new type of form to file your GSTR online which is called as Annexures and whose format will be provided by the government itself.
But do not panic now as you can file your GSTR online using GSTR Reports till October and if not paid you have to give fine for that.
After the month of October 2019, you have to file your accordingly:
For GSTR-1 –> ANX-1(compulsory)
For GSTR-3B –> GST RET-01(compulsory)
So for the coming months of August and September, you can practice filing your GSTR using ANX-1 and GST RET-01, so that you do not have the problem of filing it after October 2019.
The following process has to be taken into consideration while filing it:
1) You can upload invoice using ANX-1
2) You can view and download the purchase details of your company using ANX-2
3) You can also view the complete inward supply summary on the GST common portal.
4) Finally, you can import Purchase register and compare it with downloaded inward supply to find any mismatch from August 2019.
So for conclusion, there are a total of 3 reports which are replacing the previous 3 reports of GSTR-1, GSTR-2 & GSTR-3B and they are:
• GST RET-01
For business’ having a turnover of
1) Less than 5 crore
• You have to file ANX-1 in January 2020 (for Quarter Oct-Dec 2019)
• You can view ANX-2 only during this period and you can’t make changes to it.
• From October 2019, you should stop filing GSTR-3B and start filing PMT-08.
2) More than 5 crore
• You have to start uploading your monthly ANX-1 from October 2019 onwards.
• But you can file your GSTR-3B of the monthly basis for the month of October and November 2019.
• GST RET-01 should be commenced filing by you from 20th January 2020 for the month of December 2019.
Source: The Economic Times